Monday, September 3, 2012

Remind101-Connecting with my Bilingual Community!

This year at my Parent Night Meeting, I will be introducing my parents to Remind101, a tool that can be used to connect with parents and students using a smartphone without an email or any other social media account. I will simply be texting in spanish to my parents of upcoming events, reminders or important information pertaining to our classroom. They must sign up to receive texts from the classroom teacher as their first step. This is just another great tool that teachers can use in their classroom for parents who have very limited internet resources at home and does not require some kind of email account. My daughters English II teachers are using this tool to connect with parents via a smartphone and I thought what a great idea for me to use with my parents. 
https://www.remind101.com/