Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Day of Digital Celebration

I woke up this morning like any other morning but with a bit of excitement in the pit of my stomach. You see, my students have been anticipating the arrival of our iPads. I have spent the last 4 months emotionally and physically getting ready for this day to arrive. That day was today! My students were listening to a guest author in the library (Lucas Miller) when I felt a tap on my shoulder to come out to the hallway..there it was, that beautiful cart ready to be rolled into my room. The students had no clue until after we walked back into the room. I won't tell you their reaction but it was one I will treasure for ever in my heart. It was like christmas in January all over and their faces lit up as I showed them their very own iPad. As we begin our journey into this world of digital learning, the next four months will be the ride of our lives, sharing our successes and our failures with a connected world and creating new paths for future generations to come. This is our story and we hope that you will share and learn along with us! We are so very excited to have this opportunity.