Saturday, March 9, 2013

Annotations in Math

Screen Chomp App in Math

One of my favorite app that my students are using in math is Screen Chomp. They had already been familiar with it in their math station rotations but I decided to bump it up a level by having them use the app for annotations. We had been studying 2D and 3D shapes in math so I let the students go on a 2D-3D scavenger hunt in my classroom. The students were to find examples of 2D and 3D shapes in my room and use Screen Chomp to annotate their shapes. ELL/Bilingual learners need lots of visuals to help them with their vocabulary and deepen their understanding of the concept being learned. Here are a few snippets of some of those scavenger hunts! We love Screen Chomp and use it daily in math and science to enrich our vocabulary!