Saturday, November 16, 2013

YouTube Editor


I have been playing around with one of the new features in YouTube, the video editor tool and have fallen in love again! Last week, I read a series of books to get the fall season underway one of which was titled "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves" (I have the entire collection of books from this series) and had my students sequence the events in the story. One of my favorite apps to use for this type of activity is Popplet Lite. If you have one iPad in the classroom, the iPad could be passed around and have each student create a Popplet for the activity you are doing. I discovered another favorite app called "Draw Free" for iPad which is now my go to app for drawing pictures. The students each created their own Popplet sequencing the events in the story, took a screenshot of their Popplet and emailed it to me. I then uploaded each Popplet into YouTube slideshow editor and made a video of the student Popplets . The slideshow editor has music to choose from if you wish to add this extra component to your videos and you can customize the slideshow as well. I'm excited to learn about another cool feature in YouTube I had not been familiar with and share my student learning on a global level.